Grain and leguminous crops in Ukraine are collected on 52% of the planned areas
As of 19 July from the area of 4,991 million hectares, which is 52% of the planned processing 9.6 million ha, Ukrainian farmers threshed 17,962 million tons of early grain and leguminous crops. According to the press service of the agrarian Ministry, the average yield is 36 kg/ha.
Over the same period last year, with an area of 4.22 million hectares were collected 13,535 million tons of grain with an average yield of 32.1 C/ha.
- the Wheat harvested 11,299 million tons from the area of 2,932 million hectares, representing 48% of the plan, an average yield of 38.5 kg/ha.
- the Barley produced 6,033 million tons from the area of 1,853 million hectares, representing 65% of the plan, an average yield of 32.5 C/ha.
- the Rye harvested 21 thousand ton from the area of 9 thousand hectares, accounting for 6% of the plan, an average yield of 23.3 kg/ha.
- the Oats produced 13 thousand tons with the area of 6 thousand hectares, accounting for 3% of the plan, an average yield of 22.7 centners per hectare.
- the Peas harvested 596 thousand ton from the area of 190 thousand hectares, which is 58% of the plan, an average yield of 31.3 kg/ha.
- the Winter rape produced 820 thousand ton from the area of 283 thousand hectares, which is 62% of the plan, an average yield of 25.5 C/ha.
Ministry of agrarian policy expects that in 2016, Ukrainian farmers will gather about 60 million tons of grain. At the same time, the USDA predicts that the gross grain harvest in Ukraine this year will reach 61,3 million. Last year, according to the State statistics service, Ukraine had harvested 60.1 million tons of grain and leguminous crops. However, this figure was 5.8% less for a record harvest in 2014, when it was collected by 63.8 million tons of grain.