Ukraine harvested 85% of grain yield
As of October 24 Ukraine grains and leguminous crops have been harvested from 12.2 million hectares, or 85% of the planned harvesting areas. According to the press service of the agriculture Ministry, in General, produced 51.4 million ton.
Leaders for the harvest began in the following areas:
- Vinnytsia – 4.4 million tons,
- Odessa – 4.3 million tons,
- Dnepropetrovsk – 3.2 million tons,
- Kharkiv – 3.1 million tons,
- Cherkasy and Poltava – 2.9 million tons,
- Mykolaiv – 2.8 million tons,
- Khmelnytsky, Zaporizhzhya and Kirovograd – 2.6 million tons,
- Kyiv – 2.4 million tons,
- Kherson – 2.2 million tons,
- Ternopil – 2.0 million tons.
the Highest yield recorded in Vinnytsia region (61.5 centners per ha), Cherkasy (59,5 kg/ha) and Khmelnytskyi (55.9 dt/ha) regions.
- Buckwheat collected 187 thousand tons from 146 thousand hectares (98% of plan).
- Millet produced 185 thousand tons with 101 thousand hectares (97% of plan).
- Corn for grain harvested 12.5 million tons from 2.1 million hectares, accounting for 51% of the plan.
- Sunflower with 5.2 million ha (87%) collected 11.3 million tone.
- Soy with 1.5 million ha (81% of plan) produced 3,2 million tons.
- Sugar beets dug 8.4 million tons from the area of 179 hectares, which is 61% of the plan.
Simultaneously with the harvesting campaign, Ukrainian agrarians continue sowing of winter crops for harvest in 2017.
at the moment, winter crops sown 5.9 million hectares or 81% of the planned volume, including:
- wheat and triticale 5.3 million ha, or 85% of the plan,
- winter rape 777thousand hectares, or 107% of plan.
- barley 544.thousand ha or 53% of the plan,
- rye 148 thousand hectares, or 100% of the plan.