The successful progress of the harvest and good yields put pressure on the price of grain in Ukraine and Russia
As of July 11, Ukraine threshed 19% of the planned treatment areas, which is 1,752 million hectares Of them are collected 6,077 million tons of leguminous and early crops. According to estimates of the Ministry of agrarian policy at the present time the average yield is 34.7 C/ha. last year at this period, the average productivity was 30.8 t/ha, however, by the end of the year it rose to 41 kg/ha.
- the Wheat collected 2,524 million tons from an average yield to 36.7 t/ha with area of 688 hectares.
- the Barley collected 3,322 million tons from an average yield of 33.6 kg/ha with the square of 988. ha.
- the Peas collected 229 thousand tons from an average yield of 30.7 kg/ha with the area of 75 thousand hectares.
- the Winter oilseed rape collected 249 thousand tons from an average yield of 24.4 q/ha from the area of 102 hectares
In Russia as of July 11, threshed 2.2 million ha of winter and spring wheat, whereas last year on the same date, the figure was 1.8 million hectares. Collected 9.8 million tons of grain with an average yield of 45.4 t/ha, against last year's 6.9 million he and 37.5 kg/ha, respectively.
- the Barley collected 2.3 million tons for yield of 40.8 q/ha with square 561,9 thousand hectares (for comparison, over the same period in 2015, the harvested 2.0 million tons for a yield of 40.5 t/ha from the area 506,4 thousand hectares).
- the canola assembled 72,3 thousand tons with a yield of 19.3 t/ha with an area of 37.5 thousand hectares (for comparison, over the same period in 2015 threshed 108,4 thousand tons with a yield of 15.4 C/ha from the area of 70.4 thousand hectares).
Prices for milling wheat fell to the level of 2009 and are 140-150 $/tonne basis CPT-port. However, they continue to decline. Traders await data on the quality of grain, but according to preliminary information it will be better than last year. Recall that in the season 2015/16, Russia exported 24.6 million tons of wheat and 4.0 million tonnes of barley, and Ukraine 17.3 million tons of wheat and 4.4 million tons of barley.