The current rates of the sowing campaign in Ukraine is inferior to last year
As of 03.05.17 in Ukraine the sowing company held 65% of the planned areas. Planted 4,722 million hectares, whereas last year on that date, the area sown was $ 5,579 million hectares.
the Early crops were planted 97% of the planned or 2,278 million hectares, in particular:
- spring wheat is 93% of the planned or 165 thousand hectares,
- barley – 94% of the plan or of 1.54 million hectares,
- oats - 94% of the plan or 195 thousand hectares,
- peas – 114% of plan or 376 thousand hectares.
Continues sowing of oilseeds:
- sunflower sown 57% of the forecast or 3,091 million hectare
- soy – 24% or 466 thousand hectares.
On a specified date corn planted 53% of the plan or 2,388 million hectares, sugar beet – 103% of plan or 302 thousand hectares.
As of 27.04.17 with 900 thousand hectares that were sown with winter rapeseed for harvest in 2017, the shoots died or were not received at all by 70 thousand hectares or 8% of the sown acreage, while in early April, the figure was only 4%.
13.8% crops that continue the growing season, is considered weak and liquefied, remains a threat to their partial destruction. The condition of crops of a rape on 712,3 thousand ha or 86.2% of areas rated as satisfactory or good.