Wheat prices in the US again under the pressure of the weather
Report NASS USDA was released after the close of trading and quotations of futures for wheat rose by 1.3%
September's U.S. winter wheat is now trading at:
- soft wheat SRW in Chicago 188,68 $/ton
- hard spring wheat HRS in Minneapolis has increased by $3,40 to 281,91 $/ton.
Quotes of French wheat futures are down for 4 days running. During this time they lost €9,25.
on Monday, the pressures on the European market proved to be too much:
- Euro strengthened against the U.S. dollar to a record level 1,1524
- continued weakening quotations of the soft wheat in Chicago;
- cessation of the rains has speeded up the rate of harvest in the Northern regions of France. Contradictory data about the productivity, experts noted the high quality of the grain;
September quotes milling wheat on the Paris stock exchange MATIF fell by €1.50 to 172,50 €/ton (197,93 $/tonne).