Wheat prices fall in the US and the EU, however, stable in Ukraine
the Market for U.S. wheat began the week with a fall, which mostly affected the winter grain. During the week the weatherman several times changed forecasts, but again promised precipitation in industrial regions of the United States, where there is a lack of moisture.
May wheat prices in the U.S. declined:
- in Chicago on 2,20 $/tonne to 158,09 $/tones of soft winter wheat SRW,
- in Kansas city at 3.03 $/tonne to 163,60 $/tones on hard winter wheat HRW,
- in Minneapolis 0.28 $/tonne to 201,44 $/tone for hard spring wheat HRS.
Wheat quotations on the French stock exchange continued to fall. In addition to the impact of the U.S. market at prices under pressure from the strengthening of the Euro. Fears for the fate of future crops disappeared. In excellent and good condition are 92% of the crops of soft winter wheat. Next week meteorologists promise rain, which will contribute to further development of plants.
may At the Paris MATIF milling wheat quotations fell by 0.75 euros/ton to 171,25 Euro/ton or 184,11 $/ton.
In Ukraine, grain prices remain high due to strong export demand. During last week grain exports increased to 1.16 million tons compared to 0.52 million tons in the previous week. In particular, corn exported 780,2 thousand tons, wheat – 349 thousand tons, barley – 26,7 thousand tons.
Today in the port for wheat offer:
- 2 class 169-170 $/ton or 5300-5350 UAH/t,
- class 3 167-170 $/ton or 5200-5320 UAH/t,
- forage 158-161 $/ton or 4900-5150 UAH/t