Global wheat prices are falling, but in Ukraine continues to increase
Promised for the weekend precipitation in the United States have slowed the markets of corn and soybeans, thanks to which began to fall and wheat. Traders began to fix profit, further increasing the pressure on prices.
September quotes of the American wheat have decreased:
- to 2.39 $/t to 183,44 $/t for SRW soft winter-wheat in Chicago
- 2.85 $/t to 182,25 $/t for solid winter HRW wheat in Kansas city
- at 4.50 $/t to 281,36 $/t on a firm spring HRS wheat in Minneapolis.
After a seven-day fall on Friday, the wheat quotations on the MATIF in Paris rose 0.25 €/t to 170,50 €/t or 198,74 $/t
This speculative growth today is likely to be replaced by a further fall of prices influenced by fundamental market factors: the strengthening of the Euro against the dollar, weakening Chicago and sluggish the beginning of European exports.
the soft wheat Crop in France may exceed last year's by 33% and up of 36.64 million tons as the wheat promises to be high.
In Ukraine, wheat prices continue to grow due to high demand from clients that must comply with previous agreements. Weather contributes to the active conduct of the harvest, the wheat quality is quite high with the exception of regions affected by drought. There is wheat has a high protein content but low Naturno weight.
Today, the traders offer in the port for wheat:
- 2 gr-12,5% 169-174 $/t or 5100-5300 UAH/t,
- 3gr, of 11.5% 168-170 $/t or 4950-5250 UAH/t,
- feed 154-160 $/t or 4650-4850 UAH/t