Global wheat prices are falling, but are rising
the influence of the "bearish" USDA report was felt Friday. However, the volume of speculative sales were significantly lower than on Wednesday and Thursday.
September wheat futures in the U.S. fell:
- the 0.37 $/t to 187,67 $/t for SRW soft winter-wheat in Chicago
- However, rose by 3.12 $/t to 278,51 $/t hard spring HRS wheat in Minneapolis.
On Friday, the French Bourse fell behind Chicago. Traders worried about the condition of the new crop.
After the completion of the precipitation, the wheat harvest in France accelerated but grain quality in some regions of the country raises questions.
September milling wheat quotations on the MATIF fell by € 1.25/t to 174.00 EUR/t or 199,26 $/t
In Ukraine, accelerate the pace of harvesting that creates a logistical congestion in the ports. Some ports have formed the queue for 3-4 days with cars driven barley and canola.
To attract large amounts of wheat, traders raise prices to the level of the world and today the port offers:
- 2 class 12,5% 168-172 $/t or 5100-5200 UAH/t,
- 3 class of 11.5% 165-169 $/t or 4950-5100 UAH/t,
- forage 154-160 $/t or 4650-4800 UAH/t