The condition of crops in the world and the sowing appreciate how good
As of may 30, Ukrainian farmers have carried out sowing on 97% and planted 7,018 million hectares, which is 148 thousand hectares less than the same period last year.
the Early crops were planted 98% of the planned areas or 2,316 million hectares, in particular:
- barley – 1,564 million hectares (95% of plan)
- oats – 198 thousand hectares (96%),
- wheat – 172 thousand hectares (97%),
- peas – 382 thousand hectares (116%).
Also on that date sown:
- corn 98% or 4,395 million hectares
- buckwheat 93% or 135 thousand hectares,
- millet 58% or 47 thousand hectares.
Almost completed sowing of oilseeds: sunflower sown 100% or 5,415 million, soybeans 94% or 1,834 million hectares.
NASS USDA released information about the condition of crops in the United States. In good to excellent condition are 65% corn, whereas last year this figure was 72%. Unexpectedly for experts within weeks, the number of winter wheat crop in good and excellent condition decreased from 52% to 50%, whereas last year this figure was 63%.
On 28 may corn planted 91% of the planned area, which is 2% less than last year and average five-year performance. Spring wheat planted 96% of the area, which is 2% less than last year's level, but 5% more than the average five-year rate.
In France the proportion of crops are in good to excellent condition during the week increased
- soft wheat from 75% to 76% (against last year's 83%),
- of hard wheat from 67% to 68% (78%),
- spring barley from 77% to 78% (93%)
- corn from 86% to 87% (84%),
- winter barley remained at the level of 67% (83%).