Sunflower sown 69% of the planned areas
the Condition of winter crops, determined on 28.04.16, suggests that 6.9 million hectares (or 98 % of the planted 7.1 million hectares) continues spring vegetation of plants. Of them:
- 82%, or 5.7 million hectares are in good or satisfactory condition,
- 18 % or 1.2 million hectares - in the weak or liquefied state.
About 2% of the amount planted or 149 thousand hectares of seedlings died or did not germinate.
the Structure of the areas where ongoing vegetation is as follows:
- under winter wheat are 5.8 million hectares,
- under the barley of 0.96 million ha,
- under the rye of 0.14 million hectares.
518,3 thousand hectares continues the vegetation of winter rape, accounting for 86 % of the sown 655,3 thousand ha.
- Good or satisfactory condition is 78 % or 404 thousand ha.
- is Weak and thinned crops on 22 % or 114,3 thousand ha.
Died or did not germinate crops 21% of the sown area, which is 137 thousand ha.
the Results of sowing, announced at 04.05.2016 G. show that spring grains and leguminous crops were planted 5.6 million hectares, which is 76% of predicted for sowing 7.4 million ha, while on the same date last year was sown 4.7 million hectares.
- barley is 99 % or 1.8 million ha,
- wheat – 100%, or 164 thousand hectares,
- peas – 101 %, or 225 hectares,
- oats – 99 % or 211 thousand hectares.
in General, early grains planted 2.4 million ha or 99% of the planned areas.
in addition planted:
- sunflower - 69 % or 3.6 million hectares against last year's 2.5 million hectares,
- corn – 68 % or 3.1 million ha (in 2015 were sown 2.6 million hectares),
- soy - 43 % or 881 thousand hectares as against 743 thousand hectares in 2015, which is much higher than the average of the last 5 years, 307 thousand hectares,
- sugar beet - 100 % or 281 thousand hectares against last year's 230 thousand hectares,
- buckwheat - 20 % or 26 thousand hectares (in 2015 only 9 thousand hectares),
- millet - 20 % or 24 thousand ha in 2015, 10 ha),
- rice – 60 % or 7 thousand hectares in 2015, 4 thousand hectares).
Indicators of sowing confirm the predictions of the areas sown, particularly under the sunflower. Forecasts from the Ministry of agrarian policy and UkrAgroConsult differ by almost 1 million hectares. it is Not excluded that the official totals of sunflower sowing will be higher than current forecasts.