Sowing of winter crops in Ukraine is slower than last year
As of 26 September in all regions of Ukraine winter grain crops sown 2,158 million hectares, accounting for 29% of the planned sowing volume. According to the press service of Ministry of agrarian policy, this rate is 846 hectares inferior to the results on the same date last year.
in Particular, on the specified date planted:
- winter wheat and triticale 2,024 million hectares or 33% of the plan,
- rye 79 thousand hectares, or 54%,
- barley 55 thousand hectares or 5%,
- winter rape 683 hectares, or 94% of the target.
Ukrainian Agrarians continue harvesting. Now threshed 10,603 million ha or 74% of the plan, the gross grain harvest is 41,955 million tons with a yield of 39.6 t/ha. harvest exceeds an indicator for similar date of last year to 1,033 million.
- Corn threshed on 642 hectares, or 15% of the plan, the harvest is 3,174 million tons with a yield of 49.4 q/ha.
- Buckwheat with 131 thousand hectares, or 88% of the plan collected 166 thousand tons with a yield of 12.6 t/ha.
- Millet from 96 thousand hectares or 93% of plan, and produced 175 thousand tons with a yield of 18.2 C/ha.
- Sunflower with 3,161 million hectares or 53% of the plan collected 6,758 million tons with a yield of 21.4 C/ha.
- Soy from the area of 824 thousand hectares or 45% of the plan collected 1,739 million tons with an average yield of 21.1 C/ha.
Sugar beets-dug on the area of 59 thousand hectares or 20% of the plan, the harvest is 2,653 thousand tons with a yield of 448 kg/ha.