Sowing campaign in Ukraine is almost completed
According to summary data from the regions on 30 may spring grains and legumes spring crops already sown on 7.2 million hectares, which corresponds to 98 % of the planned sowing to 7.3 million hectares.
Early spring grains were sown on 2.4 million hectares, or 101 %, including:
- the on 103 % of the plan or in 229 thousand hectares planted peas,
- the 101% from the plan or by 166 thousand hectares sown with wheat,
- the 100 % of plan or 1.8 million hectares sown to barley,
- the 100 % of plan or 213 thousand hectares sown with oats.
in addition, on a specified date planted:
- the 4.4 million hectares or 98 % of the planned corn for grain (in 2015 was 4.3 million ha),
- the 129 thousand hectares, or 100 % of the plan buckwheat (in 2015, up from 115 thousand hectares)
- the 82 thousand hectares or 69 % of millet (by 2015 – 85 thousand ha)
- the 61 thousand hectares or 73 % sorghum,
- the 12 thousand hectares or 102 % of rice (in 2015 – 12 thousand ha)
- the 5.2 million ha 100 % sunflower (in 2015, 4.6 million ha),
- the 1.8 million hectares or 89 % of soybeans (in 2015 – 1.9 million ha).
Surpassed the plan of sowing of sugar beet. They planted 101 % of the projected area, which is 284 thousand hectares against last year's 238 thousand ha.
aggregate information in all types of rural farms for the harvest of 2016 will be planted 26.5 million hectares, which is equal to last year's figures.
In the total structure of the areas planned for planting of crops, grain share will be 54 % or 14.4 million ha. This figure is within the norms of the rotation of crops. After overwintering vegetation of grain continues on the area of 6.9 million hectares sown to winter grains whole 7.1 million hectares.
The spring grain harvest 2016 allocated 7.3 million hectares of land. However, their number may increase slightly due to re-seeding areas with crops that have died, the late cereal crops or corn.