Weather adjusts the rate of grain harvesting in Ukraine
over the weekend in Ukraine, the snow, the height of which sometimes reaches 50 cm, resulting in a harvest of corn, soybeans and sugar beets stopped.
As of 11.11.16 domestic producers harvested 13.2 million hectares, which is 92% of the plan. According to the press service of Ministry of agrarian policy and produced 58,4 million tons of grain.
- Corn from 3.1 million hectares (74% of plan) collected 19,4 million tons.
- Buckwheat from the area of 149 thousand hectares (100% of plan) received 191 thousand tons
- of Millet from the area of 104 thousand hectares (100% of plan) produced 190 thousand tons
- Sunflower with 5.8 million hectares (98% of the planned 5.9 million ha) harvested 13.1 million t
- of Soybeans from 1.7 million hectares (94% of plan) accounts for 3.9 million, etc
- Sugar beet is dug out of 11.6 million tons from the area of 244 thousand hectares (83% of plan).
most of the grain collected:
- in Vinnytsia region - 5.4 million tons,
- Odessa – 4.5 million tons,
- Poltava and Kharkiv – on 3,9 million t.
the Highest yield has been recorded:
- in Vinnytsia and 6.45 t/ha,
- Cherkasy - 6,28 t/ha,
- Kyiv - 5,87 t/ha
- Khmelnytskyi - 5,74 t/ha.
the Ministry of agrarian policy predicts that in the current year gross harvest of grain and leguminous crops will be 63 million tons, USDA in August raised the crop estimate for Ukraine in the season 2016/17 MG to 64.1 million tons.
In Russia, as 11.11.16 collected 121,6 million tons of grain and leguminous crops with a yield of 26.9 q/ha against last year's 107.4 million t and 24.5 t/ha, respectively.
- Wheat collected 75.8 million tons with a yield of 27.9 C/ha (in 2015 – 63.9 million tons and 25.1 kg/ha).
- Barley $ 19.1 million tons at a yield of 23.5 t/ha (in 2015 – 18.3 million tons and 22.3 t/ha).
- Corn 11.2 million tons at a yield 57,0 kg/ha (in 2015, 11.9 million tonnes and 51.3 t/ha).
- Sunflower produced 10.3 million tons with the area of 6.5 million hectares or 87% of the target yield of 1,58 T/ha (in 2015 and 9.4 million tons and 1,47 t/ha).
- Canola collected 1.1 million tons at a yield of 11 t/ha (in 2015 and 1.1 million t and 12.5 t/ha).
- Soy 3.0 million tons at a yield of 15.5 t/ha (in 2015 – 2.8 million tonnes and 14.2 kg/ha).