First international conference: PULSES. FOCUSING ON MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
“COMMUNITY OF PULSE PRODUCERS and customers of UKRAINE”
announces the First International Conference:
FOCUSING ON MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY
November 17, 2016
Ukraine, Kiev, Radisson Blu Hotel, Yaroslav Val street, 22
The conference organized with the support of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, The Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA) is destined to become the most important and largest event on developing the pulse sector of agrarian branch of Ukraine.
The conference will be an effective discussion platform, which will bring together the Government, Farmers and Trade Company, the elite of the Agrarian Science as well as representatives of international organization incl. FAO of the UN, the World Confederation of Pulses (GPC), the EBRD, the leading domestic and foreign crop framing institutions, experts from Canada, Israel, India and Pakistan, for one common purpose – Ukraine is a Pulses Country.
The conference will highlight the following main topics:
- global demand and potential of Ukraine on the market of pulses
- strategy on the market of pulses. From small farmers to large farms
- drivers of pulse production. Production efficiency
- the role of pulses in the mixed crop science diversification
- the particularity of agricultural technologies of pulse cultivation
- sales trends of pulses. Market requirements and structural features
- pulses – customer based logistics
- principles of the legal institution of cultivation and sales of certain types of pulses
- useful properties of pulses as a basis for the formation of the nation's healthy lifestyle
You can find more details about the prospects of the world market of pulses, the trends in demand of the key importers, cultivation technologies and processing if you visit the conference "Pulses. Focusing on maximum efficiency".
It is expected the participation of about 200 delegates from various fields of the agricultural sector from around the world
08.45 - 10.00 Registration of participants
09.30 - 10.00 Welcome fresh
10.00 – Official opening of the Conference
Opening speech: Taras Kutovoy – the Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
Antonina Sklyarenko – the President of the Community of pulse producers and customers of Ukraine
10.00 - 11.30 Session 1. Global Market of pulses and its development trends
- International Year of pulses. Food security and global challenges.
Speaker is to be confirmed, the Representative of FAO of the UN
- The global balance of pulses. Trends, forecasts, price trends.
Mr. Huseyin Arslan, President of the Global Confederation of Pulses (GPC)
- India - a key player on the market of pulses: structure, characteristics, development trends. The role of pulses in the food security of the country.
Shri Anil Pratap Singh, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government of Indian
- Regional features of pulse seeds. Directions and breeding achievements.
Speaker is to be confirmed, the Representative of the Ministry of Agriculture of Canada
- Financial and partnership grants from EBRD for small and medium- sized businesses in the agricultural sector.
Katherine Rigg, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
11.30 - 11.50 Coffee break
11.50 - 13.30 Session 2. Ukraine: New opportunities on the market of pulses
- Mechanisms for strengthening the competitiveness of Ukrainian pulse products on the domestic and global market.
Speaker is to be confirmed, the representative of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
- Investing in pulses in Ukraine: from a pioneer of Agribusiness in Ukraine
Theodore Margellos, Chairman of ILTA COMMODITIES SA.
- The role of pulses in improving the efficiency of agricultural production and diversification of risks. Practical experience.
Speaker is to be confirmed, the representative of Agribusiness, Ukraine
- Directions of pulse sales. Market requirements and structural features.
Sergey Feofilov - UkrAgroConsult, Ukraine
- Cultivation of pulses as a promising direction for small and medium agricultural business. Practical experience.
Zahar Sheluhin, Senior agronomist of Agroholding AgroGeneration
13.30 - 14.30 Lunch buffet
14.30 - 16.00 Session 3: Panel Discussion "Pulses boom in Ukraine. Expectations and potential"
- Opportunities and potential of pulses cultivation under the conditions of climate change in Ukraine.
Tatiana Adamenko – Candidate of Geographical Sciences, Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center, Ukraine
- Recycling as a driver of pulses market development
Speaker is to be confirmed, a foreign expert
- Organic pulses and their perspective on the EU market.
Olena Berezovska – Public Union of Certified Organic Producers “Organic Ukraine”
- The nutritional value of pulses in the daily diet and their special role as Gluten-Free product.
Olga Dontsova - Red Lynx Production, Ukraine
- Technical regulation of food safety: specific requirements for pulses.
Evgenia Novozhilova – international auditor Gafta Trade Assurance Scheme (GTAS), ISO 22000; FSSC 22000; ISO 9001:2015
- Features harvesting, cleaning and storage of Pulses. The technology of preparation of strong seeds
Leonid Fadeev - inventor, Ukraine
- Pulses: Customer based logistics. Specialized elevators - a vector for development.
Alexander Shtefanets - SHTEF Logistic, Ukraine
16.00 - 16.15 - Coffee break
16.15 - 18.00 Session 4: Peculiarities and characteristics of pulse agricultural technologies
- The importance of pulses for agricultural production. Regional distribution and role in the crop rotation. Chickpeas as a crop.
Vyacheslav Sichkar - Plant Breeding and Genetics Institute of NAAS of Ukraine
- USA Bean Production and Marketing. Foreign experience.
Leonard Knoblock - Knoblock Farms owner since 1973
- The peculiarity of peas cultivation on an industrial scale in Ukraine. Practical experience.
Nikolai Malienko – Agricultural Company "Peremoga" Ukraine
- Modern technological methods of cultivation of lentils. Fighting against diseases and weeds.
Anatoly Cherenkov - Institute of Agriculture of steppe zones of NAAS, Ukraine
- The principles of organic farming pulses.
Andrew Vdovichenko - Institute of Agroecology and environment NAAS, Ukraine
18.00 - Closing Cocktail
* The program can have further amendments
PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
Registration fee for one participant:
The registration fee includes:
- participation in all activities within the framework of the conference
- synchronous interpretation
- complete set of data of the conference
- input of company contacts in the conference catalogue
- coffee breaks, lunch buffet
- closing cocktail
The following services for the participants are paid additionally:
- Participation as a sponsor of the conference
- Placement of advertising in the conference catalogue and promotional board
- Placement of advertising stand in the lobby and the conference hall
- Provision of advertising material in packages for participants along with the conference materials
- Members of "Community of pulse producers and customers of Ukraine"
- 10% - for each additional participant from the same company
* Discounts are not cumulative
Terms of payment:
- 100% prepayment prior to the opening of the conference according to the invoice submitted by the organizer on the basis of an application provided by a participant and the signed contract
- the currency of invoice is USD. Bank commission is at the expense of the payer.
You can make a registration for conference as per following link:
For all questions as to the conference, sponsorship and advertising, please contact the following hosts:
Direct line: +380 (68) 3808056 / +380 (95) 7002967 for English speakers
Tel.:+380 (44) 331-31-67, +380 (094) 831-31-67
Address: Ukraine, 03150, Kiev, I. Fedorova street 6, off.4