The fall in world wheat prices continues
Weather factors continued pressure on the us wheat market Wednesday. Much needed precipitation to take place over the next decade over all regions in the wheat belt of the United States.
Experts increased expectations weekly export sales of wheat harvest, 2016 to 250-450 thousand tons.
May the wheat prices in the U.S. declined:
- in Chicago 1.56 $/tonne to 155,15 $/tones of soft winter wheat SRW,
- in Kansas city by 2.11 $/tonne to 158,91 $/tones on hard winter wheat HRW,
- in Minneapolis 0.18 $/tonne to 197,59 $/tone for hard spring wheat HRS.
After Chicago prices continued to fall in price, and French wheat. Moreover, further strengthening of the Euro only accelerates the rate of decline.
May milling wheat quotations on the MATIF fell 2.25 euros/ton to 168,50 € /182,07 ton or $/ton.
In Ukraine, wheat prices reacted to global trends and dropped to 1-2 $/ton. Some traders have suspended purchases of grain.
Today in the port for wheat offer:
- 2 gr 169-170 $/ton or 5250-5320 UAH/t,
- 3 gr 167-170 $/ton or 5200-5290 UAH/t,
- feed 158-161 $/ton or 4900-5000 UAH/t