On 26 April sowing of early grain crops is almost completed
As of April 26, Ukraine sowed 2,378 million hectares of early spring crops, accounting for 99 % of the planned volume for planting. This figure is 300 thousand higher than the one that was recorded on the same date last year. These data were provided by the press service of the Ministry of agriculture of Ukraine.
in Particular, already planted:
- spring barley 1,781 million ha or 98 % from the plan,
- peas 224 thousand ha or 101 % from the plan,
- oats 209 thousand hectares or 99 % of the plan,
- wheat 163 thousand hectares or 99 % of the plan.
in addition, on a specified date planted:
- sunflower 2,858 million hectares or 55 % of the plan,
- soy 502 thousand hectares or 25 % of the plan,
- sugar beet 277 thousand hectares or 99 % of the plan,
- corn 2.24 million hectares or 49 % of the plan.
a survey of the condition of winter crops showed that of planted 7.1 million hectares as of 21.04.16 vegetation continues in the area of about 7 million hectares, which is 99 % of the total crop area.
Among the 5.9 million hectares of wheat, 970 thousand hectares of barley and 140 thousand ha of rye in satisfactory and good condition are 5.6 million ha, or 79 %, in the weak or liquefied 1.4 million hectares, or 20 %, killing crops on the area of 60.8 hectares, or 1 %.
Among planted winter rape 655,3 thousand hectares of spring vegetation of plants proceeds in the square 601,4 thousand hectares or 92 % of the sown areas. The status of these crops is estimated as:
- satisfactory or good – 402,8 thousand hectares or 67 %,
- liquefied or weak 122,1 thousand ha or 20 %.
In the area of 76.5 thousand hectares, accounting for 13 % of visa the quantity sown, the germination of rape killed.