Egypt again blocked the acceptance of consignments of wheat
the Quarantine service of the Egyptian port of Safaga refused to accept the party 59 thousand MT of wheat of French origin, on suspicion of contamination with poppy seeds. Until a final clarification of quality indicators traders stopped shipments of wheat to Egypt. Recently, for the same reason, was denied admission to Romanian wheat.
- Through that December futures milling wheat on MATIF fell by 0.5 €/t to 159 €/t (190,17 $/t).
In agroproduction Ministry of Ukraine said that the new requirements of Egypt about the increase of the protein content from 11.5% to 12.5% of domestic exporters may lose the second largest export market of wheat.
Wheat exchange, the United States began the week with a fall. On the eve of the release of the USDA report, investors have been speculative sales.
The market remains under pressure from a record world wheat proposals.
December wheat prices in the U.S. fell:
- soft wheat SRW in Chicago at 1.10 $/t to 159,74 $/t,
- for hard wheat HRW in Kansas city by 2.48 $/t to 159,74 $/t,
- on a hard spring wheat HRS in Minneapolis by 1.65 $/MT to 235,98 $/t
Export prices for Russian wheat with protein 12,5% last week for the first two months rose by $2/t to 184 $/MT on FOB - ports of the deep.
The price of Ukrainian wheat after the depreciation of the hryvnia from 25.7 to 26 UAH/$ stood at
- feed - 150 to 152 $/t or 4250-4670 UAH/t,
- 3 cells protein 11.5 per cent 158-161 $/t or 4550-4950 UAH/t,
- 2 KL protein 12,5% - 165-170 $/t or 4850-5250 UAH/t